Saturday 1 September 2012

Move In Day

Moved into my student housing today!

Funny name for a student accommodations I know. I have to admit transporting my stuff from my hotel was SO HARD... just kidding... Good ol Gina happened to book the hotel right across the street from the flat. After unpacking clothing and toiletries I did some shopping. I purchased a bath towel, some push pins, desk organizers, a toothbrush holder, a pillow, and sheets. I won't post pictures yet until the flat feels like it's fully my own. I am still waiting on a suitcase and a couple bags from Rhonda. She has most of my posters and little things from home with her still, so until then I'm keeping you all on your toes.

Now since I'm Italian I will go straight to discussing the kitchen... ITS HUGE! We have a dinner table that is longer than mine at home, and a huge couch! I mean the room is large! The stove is a good size... We have TWO refrigerators however the refrige part is so small... I don't know how it will fit 8 people comfortably. Yes you read correctly, I am living with 7 other people. I saw one today. I said hello to her in our hallway however she was so frazzled and in her own little world. She is asian and I'm not saying that had anything to do with it but she definitely did not hear my hello where as the accommodations man assisting her heard me and shot back a friendly hi.

Right now it is 8:15 and I am in my room eat couscous from the Tescos Express right outside my flat. The convenience store pretty much carries everything from cadbury chocolate to cheese to cat food to couscous! My plans for tomorrow are to go to a larger food store and stock up on canned beans, tomatoes, and other Italian kitchen necessities, obviously. I think I'll also check out an IKEA for additional storage bins.

Random event of the day... I met a girl from PRINCETON, NEW JERSEY! Didn't have time to get anything more than her first name because we were both on the run, however she seemed nice as far as I could tell. Crazy coincidence!

P.S. this couscous is not that great. Looks like tomorrow night I'll be cooking a home made meal. Oh wait no, I need my pots from Rhonda. MEH.


No comments:

Post a Comment